Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

May 27

”It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character.”
Dale E. Turner
The subject of amend is a challenging one for me. I am certainly cognisant of the infinite wisdom of the steps, especially those two words “wherever possible” of the 9th. There are a few, but significant, people from my life where amends may never be possible. That is a hard thing for me to accept as there is a part of me that truly wants those people to know how much I have changed and to make an attempt to repair the damage I caused. Yet these are also people who are least likely to trust me because of how they have been hurt.
So I have to content myself today in being a living amends. In working my program I continue the promise to myself, my Higher Power and the world that I will no longer be the person I was. Having spent many years in those destructive patterns, I have no desire to return to my old ways.
In living by these new standards I may not repair all the damage I have done. But taking steps to stop creating new destruction, to stop hurting others, is a positive use of my time and recovery. My service work is also another place where I can give back to society and use my energy to help others, and to improve my community. These are all worthy efforts to be a better human being.

Affirmation
I will trust in my Higher Power that I will make the amends that I need when it is the right time. Just for today I will remain willing to do what needs to be done to repair the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment