Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 30 May 2014

May 30

”Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
Maya Angelou
Unfortunately this quote brings back memories of how I manipulated others in the past. I was the priority, and I was content to use others for my own purposes. There was little of me that was genuinely concerned with putting others before me, they were only stepping stones to meet my own needs.
Today I can see the wisdom in this quote. And I can see parts of my life where I put this into practice. There are people in my life that I was trying to make a priority who were not of the same mind. Spending a lot of my time and energy on a relationship like this is mostly a waste of my resources. I am better served to focus on people who want to be a part of my life and who are willing to receive what I have to offer to them.
There is the other side to this idea. That I should not let others believe I am a priority for them when I am not. It is not fair for me to lead someone astray in such a manner. I know what it feels like to be in their shoes. They deserve to be treated better so I can take that positive action. I have the responsibility to treat others as I would like to be treated.

Affirmation
I will look at where I am spending my time today, which relationships are dominating my energy, and evaluate which of them are the best ones for me to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment