Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 31 May 2014

May 31

”The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one's day and every night to examine the results obtained.”
Alexis Carrel
Daily reflection is an important part of my day. I try to do it in two steps. The first part is when I wake up, to look at what I want to accomplish the day. It also includes asking my Higher Power to be receptive to His will for me during the day, to have the tools I need to do His works. It’s also a reflection on my visualization wall, a reminder of my longer term goals and aspirations. This also includes some affirmations and positive thoughts and quotations to set my attitude on a good path.
The second part is the wrap-up at the end of the day. Either during my shower, as I lay in bed relaxing before falling asleep, or sometimes as I enjoy some time in the hot tub, I look back over the course of the day. It’s a chance to see what I have done, things that I can improve on, and time to lay out at least a few items for the next day. I can celebrate my accomplishments, as well as give thanks for the blessings I received throughout the day.
This is my ongoing Step 10 work, to keep a daily inventory. It’s part of me working on my awareness, forgiving and seeking amends as I make mistakes, and working at not letting things build and turn into resentments, shame and guilt. This is part of my healthier routine and it is a big component in helping to maintain my sobriety.


Affirmation
The steps are the basis of my program of recovery, and it’s important for me to work as many of them as I can into my day-today living.

No comments:

Post a Comment