Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 13 April 2020

April 13

"Only those you trust can betray you.
Terry Goodkind
Trust is a fickle thing, it usually takes a long time to gain with an individual, but it can be lost very quickly, and sometimes through just a careless word or act. And rebuilding trust afterwards can feel like a Herculean task. I've experienced a loss of trust, both as being the one betrayed, but also as the betrayer. Neither of which are an enjoyable or enviable experience.

The key to gaining trust and rebuilding it from my own history is simply honesty. The truth is required to build a trusting relationship, and it is also what is required to start over when it has been broken. It helps to remember that we are human, and that we make mistakes.

The gist of the program is about learning to live with life on life's terms, without turning to my compulsive and obsessive behaviours to avoid, escape or otherwise cope. Tough times and bad things will still happen, but there are things I have learned to get me through them with the support of others.
Affirmation
I know honesty is the best policy and it is the basic requirement for trust in all my relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment