Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 7 April 2020

April 7

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
Joseph Addison
It still amazes me how the simple things in life can bring so much meaning. Waking up with the sun shining brightly and the birds singing, smelling the air of a fresh, spring breeze, hearing the wind gentle rustle the leaves in the trees - these things bring me joy and happiness. This is a gift that awaits me each and every day.

It was not that long ago that I was in a place where I could not recognize anything like that, where I was focused solely on the empty promises of my addiction. There were so many things I overlooked, or could not see or even believe were there for me to enjoy because of the narrow focus of my reality.

How grateful I am that the horizons of my world have once again opened so that I can experience the vastness of the glories of the earth and all its splendours. There is so much beauty and wonder to see, hear, touch, taste and feel, so much more than I could have ever believed possible. This is one of the greatest blessings of my recovery, my second chance to exist in the marvels of this life.
Affirmation
Nature is a powerful healing force and I will seek out opportunities to immerse myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment