Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 6 April 2020

April 6

"Learn to pause...or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you.
Doug King
Being still and quiet is not a natural thing for me. I am more often an human doing rather than a human being. However, I am grateful that my recovery program is teaching me the necessity and benefits of slowing down. I am learning that I need not fill every moment of every day with some task. Simply being present is an equally important and rewarding thing for me to do. Self-awareness is a gift in and of itself.

I believe that my Higher Power is constantly offering me signs of the path I am to take, His Will. But if I never pause, never stop to listen or look for His signals, how can I expect to know what it is? This is one of the key benefits of taking these regular breaks in my day.

Another time when these moments of reflection are useful is near the end of the day. Taking a few minutes to review my day, my Step 10 stock-taking, are also a good way to look at my accomplishments, challenges, and blessings. I am starting a routine of generating a list of five to ten things I am grateful for to share with my sponsor to note the positives of my day.
Affirmation
Slow down, breathe, be present in the moment. This is a tool I will practice today to maintain my calm, serenity and find peace in the busyness of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment