Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 26 April 2020

April 26

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Robin Williams
I have often question my place and purpose in the world, especially when things are not going the way I had planned or hoped. In those moments, it is hard to feel like I am making a difference or that I matter. The program is teaching me that it is in these times, especially, that I need to focus on my blessing and practice gratitude. For I can all too easily get caught up in what I am missing, completely forgetting about all the blessings which have been given to me.

There is also another lesson that I have been practicing,  and that is performing acts of service. Doing something for others, merely because I can and I am able, is important. It is a small way to change the world for someone else. And it is a great way from me to get out of my own head and to show that I can be useful, that what I do matters. It is also about supporting and building my community. 

At the end of the day, when I look back objectively, I can usually find a few things that I have done to show that it mattered that I was in the world for the day. Even if it was only paying a compliment, holding a door open, or giving a friendly smile to a stranger. Even those simple acts of kindness help to make the world a better place to be.
Affirmation
I can practice gratitude and acts of kindness today to  help the world be a kinder place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment