Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 8 April 2020

April 8

"As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.
James E. Faust
I read somewhere that the difference between giving thanks and being grateful is that the former is done with words, but the latter through action. I guess that is a bit apparent in the two terms - giving thanks versus being grateful. We give compliments, praise, and thanks, and this usual implies our words. But being kind, courteous or grateful, is indeed more about our actions. It can include words but needs to be something more.

So listing things I am grateful for is more akin to just giving thanks. To express gratitude to someone, well maybe that is accompanied by a token of my appreciation, or some act of service to show how I felt. It requires more commitment from me to express appropriately.

Giving thanks is certainly a part of gratitude, but in being grateful, I am changing who I am for the better, seeking the positive, improving myself to make the world a nicer, kinder, gentler place.
Affirmation
I will practice gratitude today, finding acts of showing how grateful I am for the people and blessing I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment