Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 11 November 2013

November 11

”Life begets life. Energy becomes energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.”
Sarah Bernhardt
One of the important things I did to start taking better care of myself in recovery was to increase my physical activity and exercise. It was apparent after a short while that burning energy actually gave me more energy, and that I found I had more endurance to get through the days. It also helped that I have gotten myself into better shape, lost some weight, and rid myself of stress through sweat.
There is a flip side which can be equally true. Laziness can beget laziness. I can easily get into a routine of doing nothing much at all, sitting in front of the TV or computer or whatever. Conserving energy encourages more of the same, and leads to inaction.
Sitting still reminds me too much of moments of my “active” addiction, which was really an exercise in stagnation. Recovery is about participating in life again, taking an active role and working for change. It is about learning to be rich with all that my Higher Power has provided for me.
Affirmation
It’s true that in giving I receive, in working my program and spreading its power with others that I gain for my own benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment