Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 18 November 2013

November 18

”If you're having a string of failures, find a way to find the 'bless in the mess'.  Embedded in the problems might be a way to find future successes.”
Loretta Laroche
Life in addiction was wading through chaos. The worst part was that when there wasn’t enough going on to keep the cycle going, I found ways to create more chaos to keep the machine going. Life only made sense when there was a big mess to deal with, and my acting out was the best way to survive.
My blessing of that mess has certainly being finding my way to the 12-Steps. Nothing has helped me more to start finding gems from my troubles to move towards some small successes.
I think the best gift has been becoming a wounded healer. This is the place where I can find the best from the worst of my life. It is from my lowest points that I find connection points with others who suffer like I have and can help shine a light for them to find the start of their own path to recovery. My struggles, challenges, and failures that pushed me to the edge of my own destruction are now part of a life-line I can offer to others to offer them safety.
Affirmation
In the worst there is something to learn, something that can be turned into a positive. I will look for ways to turn things around today.

No comments:

Post a Comment