Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 30 November 2013

November 30

”Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, ‘It might have been.’”
Kurt Vonnegut
Some of my greyest days are those when I find myself wishing that things had been different, regretting choices I made or the roads I took. My thoughts can trigger these episodes, or can things around me. Running across some old photos, having someone around me reminisce about a past event, or simply running into someone I haven’t seen in a while.
It can be challenging to pull myself back into the present, to stay current. Letting go of the past, in many ways Letting Go and Letting God, is required to leave behind what can no longer be changed. But I do recognize that I need to face some of these issues in order to have some finality with them and move on. There are lessons to be learned.
My ability to choose is a much greater gift than I have considered in the past. So many things I do have repercussions days, weeks, months or even years later, and I cannot always appreciate that in the moment. It behooves me to see guidance, to surrender to the will of my Higher Power, to make good choices today that will lay the foundation for a better and brighter future.
Affirmation
Coulda, woulda, shoulda thinking will not change the past. Let me focus on what I can do today to make good decisions that support my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment