Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 15 November 2013

November 15

”Even if our tears are for ourselves, for our ache of loneliness, for our pain of loss, they are…sacred, for they are tears of our love.”
Jack Stern Jr.
Crying was not something I did during my active addiction, not at least without an ulterior motive. Rarely was it a genuine display of emotion and that is something hard to admit after more than 2 decades of having behaved that way. I guess it should have come as no surprise that while I was getting in touch with my emotions for real during my early recovery that I was unable to readily control my first outbursts of tears. I had forgotten how to cry.
Those first attempts were physically painful, as the sadness was real, but the crying was forced, trying to squeeze water from the desert of feelings I had created. Slowly over the months that followed, my body recalled the way to cry. It is amazing to think how much I damaged myself by denying such normal acts to take place.
I have had many reasons to cry, there are many events that I simply never dealt with properly during those lost years. And many of my first tears were for myself, for the love that had been locked away in order to allow my addict to reign supreme. Slowly, the tears are washing away the aches of the past, cleansing my soul for the present.
Affirmation
Tears are a healthy expression of sadness, pain, and loss, but also of joy and happiness. They are a powerful act to close chapters of our lives and to open new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment