Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 25 November 2013

November 25

”Time is what we want most, but... what we use worst.”
William Penn
I recall one exercise as I did my 4th Step of trying to determine the cost of my addiction. It was a bit of a daunting task, to look back and tally up how much of my time, money, and energy had been put into supporting that part of my life. I have heard others share their own experiences of going through this and the realization of what the price of this double-life can be.
As I work through my recovery, this goes beyond how my addiction affected me, but the secondary effects that it had on family, friends, coworkers, neighbours, etc.  My addiction was very costly indeed. The worst thief of all, still today, is the time I lost, most especially with family. I will never regain all those lost minutes, hours, or days spent in fantasy, lost in front of a computer screen, or wherever else my addiction led.
And I used to worry about what I would do with all the free time. Fortunately, life seems to fill most of that time up with just regular day-to-day goings-on. I often wonder how I managed to keep both lives going for so long. It is no wonder that some part of my life had to suffer. I am grateful that I have this new lease to spend my time better on the things that truly are important, like my kids.
Affirmation
Time is fleeting and precious, and I will be careful not to waste it on things which are not valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment