Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 15 October 2013

October 15

”One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”
Bryant McGill
Communication has been somewhat of a troublesome area for me in my life. My addict has learned too well to hear only what it wants to hear, to filter out what it doesn’t and to only provide enough truth to make people stop asking questions and go away. Sad, but unfortunately very true. Needless to say, communication has been an integral piece of my recovery as well.
Good communication now has to start with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This means from everything I try to tell myself before I even begin working on dealing with other people, or even my Higher Power. However, given the Master’s degree in deceit and deception I have ungraciously earned over the past decades, words are not sufficient. What I say needs to be followed, pretty well immediately, by actions that support them and demonstrate that they are truly meant.
The other side is that I need to listen to others, to honestly take the time to hear people out, let them express their feelings and opinions, and reflect that I have heard and understood. Stopping to let others be heard is a critical part of sharing messages that are actually received and helps to avoid disagreements and conflicts.
Affirmation
Learning to communicate better can go a long way to rebuilding trust and respect with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment