Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 3 October 2013

October 3

A bump in the road is either an obstacle to be fought or an opportunity to be enjoyed... it is all up to you.”
Anonymous
I wish I could get to the point where things are just bumps in the road. Lately it seems my obstacles are either road blocks or sinkholes that come seemingly out of nowhere. The rest of the quote does have a lot of merit though. I still have the choice to fight, or to find the opportunity in the situation. Both are always there, but not necessarily easy to find.
I am grateful that, by the grace of my Higher Power, I have a more solid foundation under my feet and I am able to evaluate these tough times. There are obstacles I need to fight, to defend my values and morals or to protect those close to me. And there are others that I need to dig through all the bad parts to find the opportunity. Thankfully I feel confident that I can take the time, seek advice or whatever else I need to move through the situation.
Attitude is a big part of my recovery. I have consciously made choices to stick to the high road in dealing with conflicts that have arisen with people I hurt through my past actions who have reacted in anger or from pain. I have found other ways to let go of my own frustrations through writing, meditation, prayer and regular contact with my sponsor and fellow members. I am a changed person and am glad to be able to live this new life each day.
Affirmation
It’s true that this too will pass, and I will gain the tools to help me make it through and hopefully learn something along the way by working my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment