Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 18 October 2013

October 18

”Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Maria Robinson
I’ve made mistakes, as many as anyone, probably more. I have hurt myself, my family, friends, colleagues, and even complete strangers. I have done many things I am not proud of, that I would gladly take back if I could, but I cannot change the past as much as I would like to be able to.
What I have within my control is today. Yes, there is a past that brought me here, but it need not be the over-riding force that guides my actions. I have a choice, each and every moment of the day, to do things different and work toward a new ending, rather than the one my addiction has in mind.
The key for me to stay in the present is to work at letting go. Surrendering to my Higher Power, to my program, and to recovery means that I have to move beyond my past. I have to leave those things that weigh me down behind, where they happened and are meant to stay, and look at what I can do now to change and make improvements. Change happens the moment I decide to embrace it and take action.
Affirmation
I will live for the present today, accepting the gift I have to make new choices and to move in a new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment