Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 21 October 2013

October 21

”What makes the pain we feel from shame and jealousy so cutting is that vanity can give us no assistance in bearing them.”
Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Shame, jealousy, guilt – these are feelings that work against my sense of pride, accomplishment and self-worth. They are not character aspects I can flaunt to make myself feel good, to show that I am better than someone else. Rather they deflate me, and turn me away from others.
Yet there is a healthy way to deal with these negative emotions. Rather than burying them, or trying to run away, I can speak about them and share them with those who support me. In bringing them out into the open, I expose them for what they are, but also start to give up the power and control they have over me. It is letting them go that I can move away from their influence.
Shame, jealousy, guilt – yes there are times when things I or others do bring about these feelings. But like all emotions, these are just a warning sign to recognize what is happening. I don’t need to react as a result, but I can sit with the feeling, explore the root cause, and choose to acknowledge where I am but still move forward. I need not fall into despair, depression or isolation. There is another way to go, and I need to be honest and talk with someone about where I am.
Affirmation
I will not be afraid of my feelings of shame, guilt or jealousy today. If I find myself confronted by them, I will choose to share them with someone who supports me.

No comments:

Post a Comment