Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 19 October 2013

October 19

”Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33
I am beginning to see the challenges, obstacles and difficulties of life in a new perspective. I used to complain a great deal about life being hard, about the fact if there was a most complicated and convoluted way to get through a situation, I would be sure to find it. I thought life was supposed to be easier, and was constantly seeking a time when it would be normal, without disaster after disaster.
Now I am realizing that maybe this life is meant to be hard. That the mountains I encounter are meant to teach me something, to help me grow, to give me strength. Perhaps even to humble me, and make me realize that I cannot succeed in this life on my own, without my Higher Power to help me.
So I find myself opening up to embrace the challenges. I have always had the belief that God never gives us more than we can handle. So when I feel overwhelmed, it’s the time to ask for His help to go through it. And I can be grateful for those times of difficulty and see them as a sign that the God of my understanding has the faith in me that I come out the other side of the storm.
Affirmation
If life is an uphill climb, I will but on my boots and tackle the mountain before me. I will be better for facing the challenge rather than looking for an easier, softer way.

No comments:

Post a Comment