Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

October 29

”The most exhausting thing in life, I have discovered, is insincerity.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
There have been a number of occasions where the consequences of my actions that finally caught up with me, or that I finally had the courage to face. One of the saving graces, a lesson learned from the 12 Steps, has been to be honest. Being frank and open about situations has certainly improved the outcome of many of these encounters.
Not that it has been easy. Admitting even parts of my issues and past behaviours can be daunting. However, I thank my groups for having given me a place where each week I can bare my soul, and I attribute the practice of this sharing in such a safe environment for giving me the courage to do so in the real world.
Overcoming my past behaviours of lying and insincerity has been a lot of work. But I have many opportunities each day to practice living with integrity and honesty. Telling the truth, being truly sincere, might be harder in the short-term, but it does not require the long-term upkeep that my webs of lies used to. And that in itself is a great freedom.
Affirmation
Sincerity and open, honest communications are a required part of the foundation of my recovery, and for rebuilding trust and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment