Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

August 20

”For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
Luke 1:37
Surrendering to the will of my Higher Power has likely been the most challenging, but also rewarding, part of my recovery. Letting go, looking for direction on how to live as opposed to trying make things happen as I wish or believe they should be, has given me a freedom I scarce believed existed while I was ill and struggling in my addiction.
On nearly a daily basis I can see proof of my Higher Power’s influence in my life. It happens in the events I experience and the people I encounter. It even happens directly to me, and it certainly has been evident in most of my writing. I can no longer ignore the fact, my belief, that there is someone else out there with a master plan, and that there is a role for me to play.
So when life takes a turn for the worse these days, I am more at peace, and more able to stop and pray for help and guidance. I can ask my Higher Power to get through whatever I am facing, or turn the situation over to him with the confidence that it will work out the way he has planned if I am patient. I am more likely to seek, and listen to, the counsel of others than in the past. I no longer have the desire to be the only one who knows what is right and what needs to be done. I am content to let someone else hold the reins, yet I realize I still need to uphold my responsibilities and duties. For with God as my partner, all things are possible.
Affirmation
I am willing to turn my life over to the care of God, as I understand him, and to seek to do his will today.

No comments:

Post a Comment