Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 22 August 2013

August 22

”For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
2 Timothy 1:7
It still takes me by surprise when I see myself reacting differently in stressful situations. It is comforting to know my immediate reaction is to turn to the Serenity Prayer, or other prayer or meditation, to focus on the present, count my blessings or one of the other new techniques that help me seek the will of my Higher Power.
I still have fears and worries. Yet they no longer have the power they once did, they do not feed my addiction nor lead me to all my compulsive behaviours as they would have in the past. I am adapting better to life events as they occur, more accepting of how situations unfold, and more confident that things will work out the way they are meant to, and that it will all be good in the end.
I am content to be second and to let my Higher Power show me the way. I am still taking responsibility for my own role, for the duties I need to fulfill. But I don’t have to be in complete control, I trust that the God of my understanding has the plans well in hand. My spirit has been renewed and I am grateful for the grace that has been shown me.
Affirmation
I will Let Go and Let God today and allow my actions be guided through the Higher Power that I have faith is looking out for my best interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment