Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 23 August 2013

August 23

”Forgiveness and letting go are steps on our road back to happiness.”
Tina Dayton
Forgiveness in some areas of my life is still a challenge. There are certain people in my life who continue to hold my past against me, refusing to accept the possibility that I can change and improve myself through recovery. It is difficult to interact with these people, and some of them I have little choice because they are or were family. Yet forgiveness is something I need to do for myself, to take back the power and control I give to others by worrying or dwelling on their actions and feelings. These are things out of my control and I am better served in focusing on the ways I handle my own feelings.
So here is an area that I am practicing on a regular basis. Forgiving others for things they do or say, knowingly or not, that hurt me and others close to me. They are also people that are often in my prayers, that they come to an awareness of the damage they are causing to themselves and those around them, that they too can find a way to forgive, let go, and begin healing themselves.
When I can content myself to dealing with my own situation, emotions, reactions and actions, it is much easier to be happy. I find myself calmer, more at peace with myself and the world around me, and more apt to caring, sharing and loving. I am also more compassionate and recognisant of the pain and suffering of others. I am living more as a child of God than rebelling against his will.
Affirmation
I can only control myself. Forgiving others and letting go will help my focus on those things within my power to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment