Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 25 August 2013

August 25

”Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.”
Anonymous
My life is a rollercoaster. Your life is a rollercoaster. Maybe life is a rollercoaster. Sometimes it’s slow and boring. Sometimes it’s wild and crazy. Sometimes you think it’s going one direction and it goes in the completely opposite one. Sometimes it’s totally out of control. And even sometimes, it crashes and burns.
The thing is, once I get on the rollercoaster, get strapped in, there is not much left within my control, except how I want to react. I can get scared and choose to stare at my feet for the entire ride. I can get excited, whoop and holler, throw my hands in the air, and enjoy the twists and turns and drops. I can hold on for dear life, hoping nothing goes wrong, worrying about every little piece of the puzzle even if there is nothing I can really change or prevent.
The thing is this, no matter how I choose to react to how life unfolds around me, I do have the power to be serene no matter what is going on. The peace I need, the peace I have found in recovery, comes from within, and therefore is always available. All I need to do is to remember it is there and reach for it, because, like my Higher Power, it is a part of me.
Affirmation
In the midst of chaos lies the eye of the storm, a place of calm and tranquility. I can find this centre of serenity that comes from within and weather whatever life puts before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment