Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 29 August 2013

August 29

”To acknowledge love is to increase its capacity to heal us; to ignore love is to let it slip away.”
Marianne Williamson
I used to think I knew what love was, that I understood what it meant to connect with someone and to have that someone share in my life. Yet I was not capable of fully comprehending this, not in my addiction when I had so great a secret that I was carrying with me at the same time. To be that intimate with someone requires brutal honesty, and I was certainly not very truthful during that time.
I did let love slip away, in many relationships, not just that with my wife, but with my kids, my parents, my sister, everyone who was closest to me. The love I thought I was seeking turned out to be only lust, a base, carnal, physical need without any depth or true intimacy. It consumed me and drove me into myself and away from the people and things that truly mattered in my life. And it certainly distanced me from any kind of healthy Higher Power as well.
I am beginning to see what love really is, the unconditional kind. It is not about what I can get in return, but what I have to offer, freely and without expectation. Love is not only an emotion, a connection, but a choice. It is because of the grace of my Higher Power that I have found love to share, not only with those who are important but everyone I meet for we are all cut from the same cloth.
Affirmation
True love is a gift meant to be shared freely, without the condition of receiving anything in return. I choose to share my love because I have it to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment