Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 30 August 2013

August 30

”If someone is in your life, it is because they have a gift for you, and you have a gift for them.”
Robert Holden, Ph.D.
I do believe, as I have always believed, that everything happens for a reason. I may have formerly attributed this to fate, or the will of the universe, but today I believe it to be the will of the God of my understanding. Regardless of what I believe, I do know that the people who are in my life are there because I have something to learn from them, and hopefully something I can share in return.
I believe this to be true not only of those people who I would say have a more positive effect in my life, but equally true of the detractors. In some ways I think those that I would rather see in a negative light often have a lot more to offer to me, more that I am expected to experience and grow from while they are part of my life. I am realizing that often, if not always, the people that I seem to struggle having in my life are that way because it reflects my own defaults of character.
My life is influenced by everyone around me. In turn, I too influence the lives of those who touch my own. In the past I didn’t recognize this relationship, and frankly would not likely even have cared if I had. Today, however, I am aware and that gives me a certain responsibility to try and be a positive influence in the lives of others. And to be aware when I am someone else’s detractor and work at changing that.
Affirmation
We are all connected, each a player in the lives of those around us. As a child of my Higher Power, I will strive to treat all my siblings well.

No comments:

Post a Comment