Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 24 August 2013

August 24

”Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.”
Epictetus
I think this quote sums up what the program has been trying to teach me. That I need to be okay knowing there is only so much I can do, and that the rest I simply have to accept things as they are. It is also providing me with tools to help me be in a better position to do my best and to be able to fully commit to those things that I can do.
Life is complex. Relationships, at least the ones that matter, are complicated. Yet amidst all this I can still follow the Keep It Simple principle. I have the ability to not add my own complexity into the situations around me. The most direct way for me to do this is to be aware of my own feelings and actions, to take responsibility for what I say and do, and stay in the present. Realizing that strong emotions are a sign from my body that something important is happening, as opposed to something I need to react to, is helping me guide my behaviours. All this is part of my continuing emotional maturity that takes away power from the need for my compulsions of the past.
Fear of many things has diminished as I continue to learn more about myself. I have fewer problems with rejection, abandonment, self-worth, and acceptance. I have been able to create boundaries and develop healthy friendships. I have learned to use my talents for productive reasons that support my outer circle. I am returning to the person I know my Higher Power wants me to be.
Affirmation
Getting to know myself is not only helpful for me, but for everyone I interact with. It gives me insight and direction on how to be a better citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment