Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 16 September 2013

September 16

”One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.”
Arnold Glasow
I can certainly see how the idea of this quote also applies to my recovery, especially in how I deal with stress. My method of the past was to bury it, hide from it, stuff it under the rug or run away. Anything and everything to avoid dealing with it. And the problem was that it simply backed up and backed up until there was no room left to hide or run from it and it washed over me in a deluge. All the little things became so huge that it was an emergency.
So stress management is a crucial part of my healing process. Being able to deal with situations as they happen, or shortly thereafter, allows me to live without accumulating all the baggage that I used to carry around with me. This increased awareness of how I am feeling, how I am stressing, allows me to confront problems before they grow into emergencies.
My addict thrived on stress. So if I tackle nothing else each day but dealing with life events that occur around me, I am more able to keep my craving and pull to my addiction at bay. Living a simpler life and being present throughout the day are great treasures that also protect my serenity and sobriety.
Affirmation
Stress happens - it’s a normal part of being human. Running or hiding does not deal with it though, so today I will work through the events that occur, facing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment