Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 27 September 2013

September 27

”When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”
John M. Richardson, Jr.
The future, a topic that used to be focused only on fulfilling the needs of my addiction. How to get my next high, what fantasy to chase, or what thrill to seek. It was obsessed on that solitary topic to the exclusion of everything else, so it a more realistic way, I often found myself in that state of “wondering what had happened.” Because life is more complicated and full of variety that my one-track mind. I missed 99% of what was going on around me, so no wonder I felt dazed and confused when life caught up to me in those moments when I wasn’t engrossed in my other life.
Since finding the 12-Steps, my life centers more on a combination of letting the future happen and making it happen. My true concern is the present, the place where I do have some control and the ability to effect change. Working the steps and practicing my tools lays the groundwork for a better future. I am making healthier choices and I am becoming more aware of the impact of my actions in my life. I am more consciously connected to the world around me.
Affirmation
Life has an abundance of experiences waiting for me. Today I will accept the multitude of events I encounter to lead a broader, fuller, more connected life.

No comments:

Post a Comment