Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 7 September 2013

September 7

”Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
Tom Robbins
I strongly believe that when a situation deteriorates to the point where lawyers and judges are required to determine an outcome that no one really wins. Everyone involved pays a price for the decision, and the best possible solution is never achieved. And I think that this happens when at least one party is not able to look beyond their own self interests.
So my own struggle through divorce and custody has been rocky to say the least. I am continuously trying to keep the best interests of my children in focus, even though there is a lot of hostility, anger and disrespect displayed towards me. I pray a lot for everyone involved, even the opposing party, because all this conflict hurts everyone, and certainly the children.
It’s hard trying to know what the best decisions are, when my ability to communicate with someone is basically impossible. Co-parenting only works if both sides are willing to make the effort to put the personal pain aside and work for the interest of the kids. And I certainly cannot force anyone to cooperate. In the end, I have to continue doing what I feel is right, and keep loving my children.
Affirmation
Sometimes no one wins. God grant me the strength to continue making the best decisions in the face of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment