Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 28 September 2013

September 28

”Difficulties increase the nearer we get to the goal.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Sometimes I feel like this is a test, that the closer I come to achieving something worthwhile, the more obstacles are thrown in my way. I’ve had good friends comment, on more than one occasion, that if there was the most difficult path to take to get through any given situation, well, then I would be the one to take it. Maybe it is the case, maybe it’s only my perception, or maybe those challenges are put before me to test my resolve, as well as to teach me something along the way.
I saw another saying recently along the same lines that I think fits here, “The couples that are meant to be together are the ones who go through everything that’s designed to tear them apart and come out even stronger.” Yup, life can be like that some times. What I was missing before was a strong foundation, that belief in my Higher Power that I could overcome all those hard times, and grow as a result. Life is an uphill climb most of the time, and I was ill-equipped to handle the stress, and so relied too heavily on my addiction to try and pull me through.
The thing is, the goals I seek are worth getting to, and there’s not really another way than crawling through the mud sometimes to get to the finish line. I need to trust that the God of my understanding has given me the tools I need to succeed, that He wants me to achieve my aspirations, and that He is there with me the whole time, cheering for my team to win.
Affirmation
I do believe that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I will face the challenges placed before me today and I will overcome them through faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment