Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 29 September 2013

September 29

”To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.”
Clara Ortega
My father has always tried to impress the importance of family on me and my sister. I remember from an early age his advice to keep my relationship healthy and vibrant with her, as at some point she will be the only family I have left. I didn’t think much about it as a child, the idea that my parents would one day be gone from my life was not something I could understand.
As I grew older, and began a family of my own, the words of my father began to make more sense and take hold in my life. Yet, in the midst of my illness, my family too suffered as I isolated myself from them, their love, care and guidance, just like I din from everyone else who mattered. Thankfully some bridges can be repaired, and my relationship with my family is much strong in my recovery than it has been in quite some time. A blessing, and sometimes a curse, as no one else understands me quite the same way they do.
Family is a critical part of my outer circle, a place where I need to make amends for the past, but also a place of support and caring. It is the foundation of my world, the birthplace of my morals and values, and an integral part of my emotional maturity. Indeed, there is no place like home.
Affirmation
There are certain people in my life who are important to my recovery. I will make time for them today to connect and maintain the relationship to support my growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment