Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 2 September 2013

September 2

”God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.”
J. G. Holland
The 3rd Step is about our willingness to let the God of our understanding show us a better way, an openness to seek to do His will rather than to be controlling everything on our own. This letting go and surrender of the direction of our life doesn’t leave us to simply be a passenger on the bus our Higher Power is driving. While we ask for guidance, we still have our part to play in fulfilling those goals set before us.
It’s true for me that I have learned to turn things over to my Higher Power. But that means letting go of those things and people over which I have no control. There is still work for me to do to uphold my own responsibility. I am still required to continue working on myself in overcoming my shortcomings, in sharing my talents and in realizing the goals set before me.
Prayer and meditation are the tools for me to seek out the will of my Higher Power. I need to learn patience and understanding to see the goal I am being led towards, the destination that I usually don’t arrive at via the path I was expecting. It takes a lot of faith and courage to allow life to unfold as it should rather than trying to manipulate and bend it to my own will. Yet the end result is always better, and I am more serene during the trip.
Affirmation
I realize things will not often come to me when or how I want, but with work, perseverance and faith in my Higher Power, they will come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment