Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 25 September 2013

September 25

”If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day.”
Alex Noble
One thing that is certainly true in my journey of recovery is that my definition of success has changed dramatically. It is so much less about obtaining material things or recognition as it is about having stayed true to my program. Success is now a measure of living by my circles, respecting my boundaries, and working the steps.
One of the best ways to recognize this in my daily activities is to look at the ways I have been of service. Whether in my personal life or my professional life, having performed for others, having given freely of myself, is certainly a sign of a healthier way of living.
Working for others, for their betterment, also is a boon to my own progress. I gain as much or more by sharing my talents and knowledge with others, and have a truer sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Living like this makes me feel life is more real and that is certainly a good thing.
Affirmation
Success is not defined by the size of my bank account or the number of acquaintances I have. True success is measure by the contributions I make in improving the world I live in, one small step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment