Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 5 September 2013

September 5

”It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret.”
Jackie Joyner Kersee
I really have a hard time in situations where I don’t know what is going to happen. A little bit of good news tends to make me overly happy and positive about the outcome. A bit of bad news has the tendency to completely deflate my mood and outlook. Finding some middle ground between the two is a real struggle.
Thankfully, I am aware of my behaviours in these situations. And, rather than escaping as I would have in the past, I am gaining the ability to sit with my emotions, to talk about them with others, and to pray for guidance on how to move forward. These are things I can do to take care of myself, to prepare for whatever may come, and to ready myself for the results.
Letting go and letting the will of my Higher Power come to pass takes a great deal of patience and faith. Surrendering means not being stuck on having things turn out the way I want but trusting that they will work out as God has planned. But in the end, I need to maintain my sanity by focusing on whatever is in my control and finding acceptance for the rest.
Affirmation
I will pray for my Higher Power’s support when I find myself in a challenging spot today, and trust in the guidance to lead me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment