Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 23 September 2013

September 23

”He who angers you conquers you.”
Elizabeth Kenny
It’s been an interesting turn as I realize that when I am upset, frustrated or angry that I am giving away my power, my serenity, to the thing or person that is causing me the grief. I am willingly allowing that external source to control how I feel, how I act and how I react. And it’s my choice to do so. So therefore it can also be my choice not to either.
Life is not always fair, others do not always act in ways that are just, reasonable or respectful. Most of the time there is nothing I can do about it either. I don’t have to enjoy or like these situations, but I also don’t have to let them get under my skin. I always have the option to continue to take the higher road, to live by my own examples and morals, and to treat others as I would like to be treated, especially when I know the same kindness would not be returned to me.
I am not going to please everyone. Probably not even most. But that is not my goal, which is to be true to myself, to be open to the will of my Higher Power and to follow His guidance. The trivial things of the everyday world around me pale in comparison to my true path, so I need to focus on doing the right things, no matter the circumstances around me.
Affirmation
I will recognise when I am angry and frustrated and look to let go and instead put those feelings aside and treat others better than they treat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment