Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 10 April 2014

April 10

”Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
Henry David Thoreau
Success and recognition used to be something I wanted desperately. I needed that validation from others that what I did matter, that I had value and purpose. My importance had to come from elsewhere. Today, that attitude has changed.
In growing through the 12 Steps I am learning that my value comes from within. My success is measured by me, by the goals I set, the challenges I overcome, the milestones that I surpass. In creating my circles and writing a sobriety contract with my sponsor, I have redefined my vision of success. Continuing to work my program and focusing on the multitude of tasks in my outer circle make me a success as a human being and a member of society.
Recovery keeps me busy. Once I made the commitment to work hard at staying sober, I jumped at many opportunities which came my way. I regularly attend meetings, I have a few sponsees, I participate in committees and I continue to read recovery material, work the steps, and of course write my meditations. My biggest success each day is being able to go to sleep, serene and sober.
Affirmation
Working the steps will help me put life into a better perspective and allow me to redefine things like success and achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment