Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 5 April 2014

April 5

”Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.”
Benjamin Franklin
Finances are one of my big triggers. I wish I could say that it’s been the stress of having too much money, but rather it’s been the opposite. I am glad it is one of the many relationships in my life that I am learning to deal with in healthier ways.
A recent workshop put my new views of wealth to the test. All the participants we asked in advance to choose the denomination of a bill that they felt best represented their personal value and to bring it to the event. This made me think for a few days about how much I felt I was worth. I am happy that, in the end, I decided that I wasn’t able to compare myself to a dollar figure. I recognized that I am worth more than money and that I couldn’t equate myself to a price.
I won’t spoil the rest of the exercise by sharing it here, but I was enlightened by my personal experience, and by those shared by the other participants. It opened my eyes to see how differently money affects people and the influence it can have in one’s life. I am happy that this is a place where I regularly turn things over to my Higher Power and let go.
Affirmation
Today I will be thankful for those things in my life that have true value and be wary of worshipping false idols.

No comments:

Post a Comment