Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 7 April 2014

April 7

”Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.”
Isaac Asimov
Like everyone, I can get stuck in a rut of expecting certain people to act in certain ways because that’s just the way it is. It’s a stereotypical and even a little judgemental for me to do so, that there you have it, it’s one of my fallibilities as a human. Even though I am in recovery, changing myself and expecting that others should see the work and treat me differently, I don’t always afford others the same luxury. How very hypocritical of me indeed!
So when someone does something “out of character” it usually takes me by surprise. Hopefully it’s a welcome surprise. In the past, I know I would have been suspicious of the sudden, good change but I can recognize that I am much more tolerant and accepting nowadays. I do believe in second (and third or fourth) chances for people. Things, and people, can and will change.
I am grateful for the ability to experience this, and I know part of it has arisen through my growing ability to let o and not worry so much about other’s opinions. Focusing on me and what I need to change takes the pressure off trying to bend the rest of the world to my will. And washing away some of my assumptions certainly helps in making things look brighter.
Affirmation
It’s good for me to challenge my preconceptions and to open my views of the world. This is part of my healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment