Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 18 April 2014

April 18

”I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has to get down to work.”
Pearl S. Buck
Ah, procrastination in disguise. I don’t feel like doing such and such. Oh, I will wait until I am in a better mood. I’m too {insert mood} to do that now. Now here’s a middle circle behaviour that I need to be cautious of letting take too much control.
I am realizing there are a number of dangers in putting things off. First, it wastes time. For any given thing that I procrastinate, I probably spend 2-3 times more time and energy rationalizing and justifying why I shouldn’t do it right now than it would take me to just get through it. Second, the more I put something aside, the less important it feels and the less inclined I am to do the next time I remember that it needs to be done. Lastly, it affects my attitude in a negative way about other things I need to do, it becomes a trend to “do it tomorrow” when tomorrow never comes. I know I have a pile of round tuits – somewhere.
Work is work, and there usually no getting around it. To get something done, I am going to have to spend the time and put the effort into it, whether or not I like it. So isn’t it so much better for me to grin and bear it, or force myself to like doing it (even a little)? The reward could simply be to have more time to do something that I will enjoy. That’s a pretty good reason to tell the truth.
Affirmation
My mood, like my attitude, can be an obstacle to progress. I will reflect on where my mood is as I navigate through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment