Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

April 2

”Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”
Aristotle
There are different forms of happiness. Having spent many years living for the temporary ones, those rewards of my acts of instant gratification, learning about true happiness has been good for me. It’s welcoming to find long-term happiness in things that are more real and meaningful. From true relationships with good intimacy, to time with friends & family, enjoying the simplicity and wonder of nature – all these are better ways to be content.
The biggest challenge of all has come from within. Being able to look at myself in the mirror and to be able to accept and love the person staring back is a miracle. Knowing that it is inside me where my happiness starts, when I am truly okay with who I am, has been an important lesson.
It’s a decision to be happy. I can choose to be miserable, to look only at the negative things which are happening around me. This is pretty easy to do. Or I can go in a different direction and look at al the good stuff that is happening, starting with my work on my new life. Being sober is definitely something worth smiling about!
Affirmation
Today I will concentrate on being happy, and look on the brighter side of life. Smile on, feet forward, let’s have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment