Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 21 April 2014

April 21

”Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
Matthew 6:34
The Bible has been one of the many resources added into my recovery reading. It’s partly due to the fact that my own Higher Power is God, and that work is his word captured for mankind to read and learn. But it’s also because the more I read, the more often I see phrases and ideas that have come to take on their own life in society, but are often quoted from other sources. Like the opening quote today, for example, which has a striking resemblance to other quotes about worrying about the future.
This passage is a good reminder for me, no matter what the source. Today and the events that will arise will certainly be enough to keep me occupied. I don’t need to add to today’s pressures by worrying about things that might take place tomorrow. I do hope that I am getting better at looking at my day more positively though, not anticipating all the “troubles of today” that await me.
My focus needs to be on living in the present, being aware of what is happening at the current moment. This is the time I have to work with, where I can make the choices and exert the influence that will make a difference in my life and the world around me. This is the gift I have recovered in sobriety that I dare not waste as I have too often in the past. Here’s to living for today!
Affirmation
I will rejoice in the gift that comes when the fog of my addiction has lifted, which is living in and for the moment. What a joy to simple be present in the world once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment