Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 23 April 2014

April 23

”You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result.”
Mahatma Gandhi
Life in recovery is quite different than a few years ago at the height of my addiction. Whereas I used to spend as much time hiding from the world, and trying to do as little as possible that wasn’t acting out, today I am trying to enjoy each and every moment. While I am working at being present, making better choices, I am still not aware of all the results of my actions. Things can happen days, weeks, or even longer after I have done something that seemed pretty insignificant at the time.
So there has been a lot for me to learn in turning things over to the will of my Higher Power and trusting in His path. I can’t foresee what the future holds, nor what may come from the simplest choices in the longer term. I have seen enough good, even great things come from small choices to disregard the fact that there is a bigger plan in the world in which I play but a small part.
Doing nothing is no longer a viable option in my life. I have gained too much self-awareness through the Steps to ever consider going back to where I came from. I am seeing rewards that I never dreamt would have been possible in the short time that I have given my life over. Why would I even want to consider stopping what is having such a profound impact on my own life and those who I come into contact with? Recovery is so much better than anything I have ever experienced before.
Affirmation
I will focus on doing what I can today, and will work at turning things over to my Higher Power to follow the path that is being laid out before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment