Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 12 April 2012

April 12


”The brook would lose its song if we removed the rocks.”
Anonymous
I used to think that removing my faults, getting rid of old bad feelings and hurt would upset the balance of who I am. I am learning today that this is not the case; in accepting my past I am not condoning the bad things that I have experienced. Rather I am transferring the negative feelings back to the person they belong to, and allowing my Higher Power to deal with the situation and consequences rather than giving away control over myself.
The song in the brook is never constant. The flow of water is faster in the spring and dwindles during the heat of summer. Many external influences outside its control will change the shape and the texture of the music. Yet all things are simply accepted and the brook maintains a harmony that can still be enjoyed and cherished. So to with myself, I need to accept these things I cannot change. Yet doing so does not diminish my ability to maintain harmony and serenity. 
Affirmation
Today I can let go of the past, accept things for the way they are and still rejoice in the strength of my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment