Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 1 April 2012

April 1


”Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.”
George Carlin
Mr. Carlin has an interesting perspective on procrastination. In fact I think I would take his idea a step further. Procrastination is not only keeping up with yesterday but planning to carry yesterday into tomorrow. It is our way of ensuring that we do not have the time, effort or energy to be present in today.
The thing I am learning about my own procrastination is that the more I put things off, the more time and effort I believe they will take. This of course becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where I perceive the simplest things as being more complicated and difficult than they really are. And, proportionately, my desire to do them decreases.
So when I do a few things that I have waited days or even weeks to do, I am usually surprised about how simple they were and how little time and effort they actually required. The end result - my perceptions have deceived me and my continued procrastination has allowed me to make a mountain out of a molehill. As I continue to force myself to do a few things rather than putting them off, I can find enough time to scratch a few things off my perpetual To-Do list and it is becoming easier to do so. 
Affirmation
I will tackle a couple items from my To-Do list; there’s no time like the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment