Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 31 March 2012

March 31


”No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently.”
Agnes de Mille
Many of us act the way we do in order to attract the attention and approval of those around us; validation that we matter. In coming to look at ourselves we begin to realize that we need to learn to love ourselves, that we are able to look in the mirror and be content with the person staring back at us. Our cries for attention will never truly satisfy our needs of love, affection and recognition if we cannot find the same qualities within ourselves. At some point we have to learn that only our own perception of ourselves is the one that matters the most.
In turning our energies to make ourselves whole and healthy we will be presenting our true selves to the world around us. If we surround ourselves with good people who can support us yet be frank and honest, we will receive good feedback that we can evaluate and use to adjust our attitudes and behaviours if it’s necessary for us to do so.
We will take satisfaction not so much for a job well done, but for following the simple principles of the program and being open to the will of our Higher Power. 
Affirmation
I will be content with who I am today and not seek approval and attention from those around me. I am worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment