Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

March 13


”Who does not know what it is to rise up from a fault perceived, confirmed and forgiven – with an almost joyous sense of new energy, strength, and will to persevere?”
Sidney Lear
There will be times in our recovery when we feel we have lost our way. It may be that we cannot find enough faith, hope or support to keep moving forward. It’s moments like this that more than ever we need to turn to our tools of recovery – our sponsor, groups and our Higher Power to help us continue along the right path.
Being in this state reminds me of Dori from the children’s movie Finding Nemo. When Nemo’s father has lost all hope of finding his son in the vast ocean, Dori begins singing her mantra “Just keep swimming.” The same holds true for us when we feel we have strayed. We need to keep working the steps to move forward and utilizing all the tools we have learned from the program. The action to just keep swimming, even though we may not be certain where we are headed, will eventually lead us somewhere better than where we are.
Affirmation
I know that if I lose my way, I can keep moving and will eventually find my way back to the path of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment