Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

March 6


”Good nature and good sense must ever join; to err is human, to forgive, divine.”
Alexander Pope
Making the decision to embrace the steps of recovery and work the program is a move to a path of taking risk. It is a new way of living, a release from the control of our addiction and giving over of our life to our Higher Power. It’s admitting we are not perfect, that we can give forgiveness and that, as well, we deserve to forgive ourselves.
We take the Twelve Steps to heart and transform our lives. The change from within will eventually bring us to the life that has always seemed to escape our grasp.
We give ourselves over to the guidance of our Higher Power and the program because we admit that what we have tried has not worked. We tell ourselves that there must be a better way. We have faith in those who have gone before us that we can recover and regain our sanity and sobriety. 
Affirmation
I acknowledge my humanity, frailty and capacity to make mistakes, but I can forgive, love and forge ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment