Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 16 March 2012

March 16


”Keep spiritually sound and be persistent. Persistence is the key. Just never stop believing in your dreams.”
Deborah Aquila
30 days to make a new habit. 90 meetings in 90 days. My home group recommends that newcomers attend 6 meetings before deciding if the program is for them. Persistence it seems is something that SAA tries to teach us.
For me persistence has a lot to do with learning to trust in the experience of others. My life in addiction was all about doing things my way. I know all too well where my own direction led me in my choices. In recovery I am now more committed to surrendering to the will of others, starting with my Higher Power. It’s hard to admit that I don’t always know what’s best for me especially in situations that relate to my addiction and past behaviour.
I have lived sufficient examples to have seen that turning my will over to my Higher Power works. It’s accepting those things that I cannot change and letting them go, instead of foolhardily believing I have some power. I cannot change the weather any more than I can control another person. Instead I let go and put my energies towards changing what I can; myself. Things don’t always turn out the way I expect, but they usually end up the way they were meant to be.
Affirmation
I recognize recovery is about learning new skills and habits. I need to keep trying until they become part of my routine.

1 comment: