Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 18 March 2012

March 18


”To be nobody-but-yourself in a world which is doing its best, day and night, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting”
e e cummings
Who am I? I’ve asked myself that question many times, both in my active addiction and in recovery. Usually my answer involves the roles I have in my life, in my family, at work and in the community. But none of these really get to the root of who I am, they are more reflections of how I am perceived by specific groups of people.
To honestly answer the question I have to look internally. What is at the core of my being, my likes, dislikes, strengths, faults, morals, values and beliefs. This sounds an awful lot like Step 4, taking a personal inventory. This is not something I have ever really put much thought into until creating my inventory. For most of my life I’ve been content with the idea that I know at a superficial level who I am, which was based more on how I projected myself rather than the reflection of my true inner self.
Being in recovery and giving up my double life means being honest with myself and trying to live as the person I see in the mirror as opposed to what I think is expected of me. At the end of the day, I know the opinion of myself that matters most is my own.
Affirmation
I will be authentic and genuine today. I will be aware of the ways I behave that are incongruent and unnatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment