Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

March 27


”Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from.”
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
One of my biggest challenges in life has been dealing with conflict, or at least what I feel is a potential conflict. I am learning as I continue to take my personal inventory that it is not so much conflict I fear as it is being rejected because I shared my feelings. The conflict, as I am beginning to understand it, is mostly within my own head. It stems from my reluctance to tell others how I am really feeling, how a given situation is affecting me and my emotional health.
I am learning to put into practice new tools. One that really helps me in this domain is a way to give feedback. It’s about me taking the risk of letting others know how their behaviour affects me. It is really an outlet for me to share my own feelings in such a way as to not put the other person on the defensive and create controversy. Using this tactic goes a long way in helping me to reduce my anxiety about potentially confrontational situations. The little bit of courage I need to take this step goes far in helping me maintain my serenity and balance.
Affirmation
I will continue to take my own inventory, check my pulse, and keep focus on those things that still bother me so I can work on them and continue to cope with life on life’s terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment